Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Dates

Our kids always want one-on-one dates with us. So we started a new tradition this year, as alone time with each child just got a bit tougher to come by. For Mother's Day, I took each of the older kids on a Mother's Day Date. They insisted I take Anna and Audrey on dates but I will wait a couple years for that. I loved each date. I brought my special notebook and interviewed them about their favorite things and of course, a list of what their spouse might be like. It was sure fun to hear Ashlyn's wish-list for her hubby go on and on and on. I loved having alone time with no interruptions. They are already planning out their Father's Day Dates. 
 Nate chose TCBY. He hopes his wife will love all animals. And his favorite thing to do with Mom is wrestle.
 Sadie chose Cold Stone. Her hubby will be easy to get along with. Her favorite thing to do with Mom is go on dates (did I not say how much they love that time alone?)
 Ash chose Cold Stone. Her hubby will not be a picky eater so she can make weird and healthy food. Her favorite thing to do with Mom is go on dates (interesting how a few of their answers were identical).
One more tradition…they get to drive the long driveway home. Ash is tall enough to sit in the seat by herself. She did a great job. She is a super careful driver.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Happy times! Thanks so much for sharing all the fun photos!
Love, Grandma Walton

Lori said...

What a fun idea! I loved the pictures - they're all getting so tall!

emily said...

Cute new tradition! I guess if we tried this, it would be really fast, only taking 2 weekends to knock out single dates with mom or dad! :)

Designer Diva said...

So fun! You guys are such great examples as parents. Such a beautiful family!