Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our last stop!


 Now that we have moved 6 times in our marriage, we hope this is the last stop! We've had a very dry winter, but as our luck would have it, we had all sorts of snow the week before we moved. It added some excitement (moving truck getting stuck in the driveway, needing to plow the driveway a couple times, etc) We thought this was a pretty neat ice sculpture that welcomed us!
Grandpa and Sadie on a hike with us in the foothills behind our house.
 It made me smile seeing Sadie hiking with her snow boots, church dress and soccer sweatshirt combination. My kind of girl!
 The house had this bright color above the fireplace and all over the kitchen. We got rid of that color pretty fast! Nate had so much fun helping Dave paint! He is a careful little boy like his Dad.
 I told the kids to get some mopping socks on all fours. They had a lot of fun making up dance moves to help them be better moppers. We have been spoiled with the army moving us the last few moves. I can't believe how much work it takes to move! We had lots of help from friends and family that made a huge difference!
A shooting lesson was on our "to do" list yesterday. I should probably hide the fact that we get rattle snakes here at our house, because this may prevent some from wanting to visit! And we love visitors! So, we are taking the necessary precautions to get rid of those snakes! We were doing Facetime with Mom and Dad when Dave said "Meliss, you should show them your new toy." My first thought...my new mop? Nope, Dave was referring to my new revolver. That way I can take care of the snakes if Dave's not home to do it for me! Crazy if you ask me, but I really wanted to live on land and this is part of the land. We've received some great tips on getting rid of the snakes, so hopefully our first snake season will go well. I'm actually kind of excited to shoot my first snake. Dave is planning on cooking it.


2 comments:

emily said...

How fun! I didn't realize you had rocks on your property too. Nor rattlesnakes. :) So, is that your very own gun???

Mom said...

Looks like a beautiful area besides your pretty home. It will be a fun place for your happy family to call home.
Love, Susan