Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hurray for our fixed camera!

Ashlyn is posing her shorts she sewed. She cut off some jeans and added some jelly bean material for a trim. I think they turned out super cute! She sewed a matching bag out of the jelly bean material and loves to coordinate when she's wearing her shorts!

It's hard to get a picture with everyone happy or looking at the camera!

The girls love being little mommies to Alex and Lizzy. They are such a great help!


We snapped a few quick pictures before church. It looks like Lizzy's hair bow is floating. That's probably because she loves to pull all of her hair stuff out...and this one is half-way out.



Ash makes dinner once a week and Sadie makes lunch once a week. This was their idea to help out around the house. I love it! Today they wanted to make a picnic lunch. They made bean/cheese quesadillas, strawberries and applesauce. I can't remember where I was, but I came in the kitchen to this scene. They put Alex in the bumbo, and were cutting and cooking away! I just realized where I probably was. I was probably changing Nate's diaper, and he escaped to the kitchen...hence Nate without a diaper on.


Little House on the Praire night! Thank you to my parents-in-law who bought me the first two series of my favorite show in the world. We love watching these on Friday nights! Popcorn and Christmas m&ms from the freezer (gotta love m&m sales from the freezer)!
Next time all 5 are sitting on the couch, I will take the picture! I realize that Dave is always the one taking the picture.

A few things I love here. I love the planter boxes Dave made me. I love the bird house I got for Mother's Day. I love the birds that come for snacks. I love my garden growing! I love thinking about the chocolate zucchini cake (Jamie, I use that recipe often...thank you!) I will make from all of the zucchini growing!


Ash, Sadie and Nate dissecting a wet, about-to-explode diaper. What else would you do in the summer time? Sadie and Nate were playing with the hose. Nate ended up in a diaper. Then they discovered that the diaper GROWS when it fills with water. So they grew his diaper as much as they could. Then they took it off and began the dissection. I remember dissecting a dead fish when we were younger..but never a diaper. Don't worry, it was a fresh and clean diaper.







5 comments:

Jamie said...

Super cute family! LOVE the garden. Dave is an amazing craftmen!

emily said...

What fun pictures that tell a great story. Looks like it's always an adventure at your house! :)

Mom said...

Wow, Ashlyn! What a great seamstress you are! I like what you did to make your shorts look so cute!
Love you!
Grandma Walton

Happy Birthday, Melissa!!!! YOu're a wonderful little mother to your darling family!
Love, Your Mom-in-law

Jan S said...

I'm so late in catching up with these! Wow...Ashlyn IS an amazing seamstress! I'm so jealous! Wish I lived closer and she could teach me a thing or two..ha!

Lizzy and Alex are SO darling! And they fit right in with your adorable family. They have got to be the luckiest kids in the world!

I'm also jealous that you get to watch your own sets of MY favorite series, too, "Little House!" Maybe some day I'll be able to afford to own those...along with my other favorite, "The Waltons!!" Remember how envious I was that you were to have that last name when you married Dave, Meliss? :)

So fun to see what you all are up to....Thanks for sharing and letting me take a peek into your life!!

emily said...

What is so great, is now I can look through your blog and place where each picture is taken! Loved your house...it was so fun to see it in person and enjoy your fun family.