
Nate was playing at a friend's house. He was so happy there getting to play pretend farmers on a real bed of hay bales, tractors, and endless land to run around on. He is one happy boy outside. Today it was so nice outside that we decided to have lunch on a blanket in the front yard. When it was time for dinner, Nate grabbed some plates and said "Eat dinner outside?" I think we'll be outside a lot this spring/summer.

I was gone when Dave and the kids found 12 deer roaming around our yard. We will often times get 3 or 4, but this was a good group of them!

This was a fun science/art project. Did you know...that the flour on the outside of the pasta dissolves and turns into gluten when heated? And the GLUten is a natural glue. So after cooking the pasta, we tossed it in a bowl with different food coloring, then went to work decorating our plates. The pasta sticks because of the gluten and when it dries, the pasta is stuck to the plate. We had so much fun with this and have bigger plans for pasta shapes and more colors next time!

Just a few pictures from Ashlyn's birthday party. She found these Harry Potter coloring pages online, printed them, cut them out, and then let her friends choose a picture to color and they made their own bags. I thought they turned out really cute. Great idea, Ash!

The birthday girl. I still can't believe she is 9.

Lots of Harry Potter kids!
5 comments:
I don't know where to start! The Harry bags were a really creative idea; they look great. I love those paper umbrella's; cupcakes looks super yummy. I imagine your picnic table will get a lot of use this summer. It is hard to believe ... ASH is 9!!! Love you guys!!!
Fun to see your yard from up on the deck! I forget your basement is at ground level on the back, right? I hope to be outside a lot this spring / summer too Nate!
It's hard to believe Ash is 9, but look at Nate... Holy cow he looks like Sadie did when you guys moved to GA!
Ashlyn is 9 - seriously?!? WOW! She is so cute. What fun! I love the noodle idea - I better get to work! The dorito chips are AWESOME! Way to go Dave!
Happy Birthday!
We thought of you this weekend. Mom and Dad were here and we all played with snakes at a nearby reptile zoo. Maybe the love of reptiles runs in the Fishbein blood too.
Post a Comment