The older I get, it seems that I know more of those "hard things" that people are going through.
If Dave ever complains of a driver driving too slow, I suggest that maybe the driver's wife just had a c-section. I know how it feels, and slow-as-a-snail is how I wanted my husband to drive after a c-section.
Today I watched a leader at church lead with a smile - even though last night her teenage son ran away. I was amazed she was there, doing her best, and even with a smile. Most people didn't know about her situation - and I just hoped that everyone around her would be extra warm, extra patient and extra understanding.
Dave has had some things from work weighing heavily on his mind. One day after hearing about everything from Dave, a neighbor stopped by and we chatted for a while. She had no clue of the stress going on inside my head while we talked.
There have been several other situations that have really made me think. And wonder how many times I have interacted with someone. Maybe they were short with me or moody or impatient. Maybe (probably) I had no clue of something they were going through.
And so my resolution today and for this new year is to treat everyone with love, and to remember that most of the time, I may have no clue of the hurt, sadness, suffering, frustration, or WHATEVER, that those I interact with may be going through.
We're back from a fabulous trip to California. It was such a treat to have Mom's cooking and not having to clean or cook or grocery shop! It wasn't the most relaxing trip we've ever had -as we had so much to fit in, and still many people we didn't get to see! But we had a fun time and I have no pictures to prove it. With the airlines being so strict with baggage, I tried to pack as light as possible - and that meant that my big camera didn't stand a chance of making it into the bag. So I'm counting on my family to send pictures soon so I can have some documentation of our trip!
6 comments:
I love the picture of Nate helping his daddy out! And I, too, have been trying to teach my kids (and husband!) to always try to see the unseeable.(?) Or at least give others the benefit of the doubt. And I find it so true that you just don't know what someone else is going through. If nothing else, kill them with kindness, you cannot go wrong by being too kind. Glad you had a nnice time in CA, hope youare enjoying winter! We miss you guys...stil trying to find some good, familt-oriented griends up here :(
Great resolution. Love the vacuum ride - wish I could still do that! :)
What I try to remember when others are acting unkindly ... THEY are having a difficult moment and I'M okay. And, I mentally recite the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Sometimes, I even recite it a couple of times :) It some how helps.
Looks like Mr. Nate has found a NEW ride! LOVE IT!!
Good thoughts for the New Year. Thanks for the perspective!
wise words from a very wise person! thanks for the reminder!
I love the picture of your boys vacuuming. Charles and I realized the other day that he has never once used our vacuum.
Post a Comment