Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jack






An explanation on the puppy change from Dave: We all loved Jude, but sadly saw very little of her unless she was on a leash by our side. She rarely showed interest in being around us and I started wondering if this wasn't going to be getting better. We hired a dog trainer who gave us little hope. She said with Shiba Inus, it can take over a year of work to get her to want to be around us...not exactly the buddy I was looking for for Nate and the girls. I had read that they had an "aloof" cat-like personality, but I guess the good sides of her breed clouded over that.

Anyway, we found a good home for Jude with people that already have a Shiba Inu and understand their breed. I decided to swallow my desire to have a different, more rare breed and we ended up getting an 8 week old yellow lab puppy....Jack! Nate finally has a male pet!

What a difference in personality! He follows us everywhere and is always up for any sort of playing with the kids. He loves to sleep with Nate in his bed.
He'll definitely be getting a lot bigger than Jude!

3 comments:

Seriously... said...

melissa....how is the puppy training / house breaking going? we had a dog for a while (she was 19 months old when we got her) and we had a terrible time training / house breaking her. she was also super naughty with a bad temperament. we ended up finding a new home for her as well. we want to get another dog...and i'm thinking a puppy this time around....would love to hear your experience!

Brittany Lentz said...

Sad Jude is gone, but Jack is so cute too!! Enjoy!!

Suzie said...

We LOVE our lab mix and I had one growing up in CA. Best family dogs EVER, I say. Best of luck with training and such...enjoy your new friend!