Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Sunbeam!

Yesterday it finally hit me that Nate would be a sunbeam and go to primary today. I remember when we first moved here and thinking how crazy it would be that Nate would be in primary for a few months before we leave Missouri. Well, here we are. Nate is officially in primary. With the theme for primary being about the scriptures and knowing that we ask the children to bring their scriptures each week, I realized I needed to get Nate a scripture bag. So Nate and I ran downstairs to look through material to find something "boyish" as he calls it. We couldn't find anything we loved. Dave started to help us hunt. He came down with an old pair of pants that we could use. They turned out to be just the right thing. Nate loves his scripture bag and held his scriptures out during all of primary today.
When Dave picked Nate up from his class, his teacher said that towards the end of primary, he whipped out his pen and notepad from his scripture bag and started drawing. Right when we got home from church, Nate ran for some paper and started drawing. I thought his position was cute. He is so into drawing and coloring right now.
One other cute thing. During opening exercises we had all of the new sunbeams come up to the front. We sang "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" to all of the sunbeams. Nate sang along and lifted his fist in the air each time we sang the word "sunbeam". Glad I was there to see it all.
And I didn't even cry that my baby is growing up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I LOVE his "boyish" scripture bag, second ... Nate is too cute and yes, growing up to be quite the guy, and third ... this picture is too precious for words. What a guy! KF

emily said...

Brian (Chris and Jamie) gave us some fun church bags this Christmas. My boys were so thrilled to use them on Sunday. Nothing more fun for a boy than a boyish churchbag. :) I can't believe he's that old. Wow. He is darling.

Roadrunner said...

I love reading your blog (I was doing a catch up on you guys today). You are just the kind of mother I'd like to be. -Sharolyn

Mary Ann said...

I can't believe you didn't cry. I just about bawled a month or so ago when it hit me that Ally is going to Sunbeams!

Sam Lentz said...

Oh my goodness he looks so grownup in that first picture! Such a handsome boy. Miss you guys!