I have wanted to attend Wilder Days since we first moved here. It is a day full of celebrating Laura Ingalls Wilder and her wonderful books. We drove southwest to Mansfield, MO (the middle of nowhere) where Laura lived for 60 years and wrote most of her books. My favorite was seeing the cute little desk where she did much of her writing. We got to tour her old home and gorgeous property full of acres of trees and rolling hills. It reminded me just of the Little House books.
There was a Laura look-a-like and farmer boy contest. We all competed. I guess you had to have fancier costumes to win. Not your baptism dress with an apron over it. Oh well, we had lots of fun dressing up! There were so many girls competing. They had to go up on stage one at a time to compete. I told the girls that if they did a little jig when they got in front of the judges, they might stand out and maybe could win. All 3 kids did a jig and I was laughing pretty hard.
4 comments:
How fun! I love visiting homes of favorite authors! What a darling bunch of Little House on the Prairie girls! On a darling farmer boy. they certainly get my vote! We love these dear, happy kids!
Love, Grandma
I love all of those pictures you posted! Hee hee! So fun that you went and did the look-a-like contest. Melissa, did you dress up too? What about Dave? It could be your halloween costumes for the year too. :) Thanks for a fun visit.
So fun! We love Little House on the Prairie.
I'm surprised Sadie didn't win, she looks EXACTLY like Laura. I would have picked her!
Post a Comment