
Sadie had a lot of fun with her book club this summer. They learned about WW2 and when it was our turn to host book club, I taught the girls how to embroider stars. Then we put the quilt together and gave it to a WW2 Veteran. The girls sang a patriotic program even doing some cute actions to the songs.


Of course Jamalex gets a turn with Dave's trick. He sure liked it! He is army crawling all over the place now. Time to get the gate back up!

I got a free night at a local hotel, so I took the girls on a fun girls' night. The girls wanted to paint their nails like a piano, so our first stop was to get some black and white nail polish. Then we headed to McD for an ice-cream cone. We got settled in our room, then went off to the pool and hot tub and had soooooooooo much fun. Then we played Harry Potter Clue, ate lots of treats and watched a really fun singing game show til 12:30 a.m.! We snuggled close and fell asleep while talking because we were sooo tired. The girls spent an hour at the continental breakfast. They got everything they possibly could and took their sweet time eating. I loved my time with them and none of us wanted it to end...except probably Dave who was at home manning the 3 little ones.

We each got to pick a sweet and salty treat. Yum!

We are loving our huge berries! This was what we picked one morning.

And these are the huge berries up close so you can see how big they are!

We saw Bambi in our backyard. Everyone came running (when mama called that Bambi was here) and hurried to the window to watch. We had just finished Saturday night baths - hence all of the wet hair (or fro, in Lizzy's case).
Nate said "Can I hold the little deer?"
"Can we bring him inside?"

I just love the white spots.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Meliss. Truly, you are SUCH an amazing mother! One of the saddest things in America, I think, is that the younger generations have NO idea about the sacrifices that were made in WWII. There are so many amazing stories to be told. I have heard many from my own family. I'm SO happy to know that at least Sadie and her friends learned about them first hand...and then got to meet one of these amazing/brave men! He must have been so honored!! (P.S. Can you believe my OWN dad was on a sub in the tail-end of WWII?! He was only 17, but...I told you I have old parents!! I have to show him this blog post, he will be so touched!!)
Jamalex? Ha! Love the name combo! :) And he looks so proud of himself when Dave is doing his trick with him!
Another amazing moment: Taking your girls with you to your hotel night stay! I know MANY moms that would only want to be alone!! Yet, that will be a memory your daughters' will always have with you. Special!
Berries: I'm jealous! Will you can them or make a pie? Yum.
And the deer! Oh my gosh!! You know I would be freaking out/squealing at such a sight. I love deer. Yet another reason why I haven't been able to watch the movie "Bambi" since I was about 4 years old! I'm such a wimp....
You are such a special person, Melissa, and you are raising such incredible children!!
I love your blog. I can keep up with what you and your family are doing.
Post a Comment