The surgery took about 5 hours and they removed about a foot of his lower colon. His surgeon said he won't miss it and that everything went very smooth. They were able to do the procedure laproscopically so he didn't need to have a big abdominal incision. In the picture below you can see where the 3 little incisions were.
He's doing pretty well right now. He still isn't allowed to eat or drink anything (4 days now...poor guy). I think he's just starting to accept the fact that he can't eat and isn't really putting up much of a fuss. We hope that in the next day or so he'll be able to nurse. He stopped getting morphine today and he seems to be doing alright. We're hoping that we can take him home by Sunday. He's pretty mellow right now and likes to cuddle with his mom (and me in small doses).
Thanks everyone for keeping him in your prayers! He's doing great.
9 comments:
I'm happy to hear Nate had a laparoscopic procedure, recovery will be a LOT quicker and less painful. Kiss his cheek for me! That little guy doesn't know it yet, but he is such a trooper. Your family is continually in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear when he is back home!
Take Care.
What a sweet little baby! He is so strong. Hang in there guys, we're praying for you!
I'm tearing up looking at these pictures! What a sweet little boy! I can't believe all that he's gone through lately. I'm glad Nate just has the recovery left and I hope he can eat and expel normally soon! (Sorry, I was trying to figure out how to say that delicately!) I'm sad we aren't closer so we can help you, but our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Much love!
You are all troopers! Wow. We're so glad to hear the procedure went well.
I'm glad to hear that things went well. Let us know when you make it home!
Poor little guy. What a great kid to be going through all that without complaining much. I hope that is true. Thanks for posting and letting us know how it is going.
So glad to hear everything is going so well. What a trooper Nate is. Such a strong little boy.
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. That must have been such a long 5 hours for you. I hope the recovery is going as well as possible and you'll all be back home soon.
I bet you are glad that it's over. He looks so sweet and angelic in all of the pictures. I hope that you can nurse him again soon. It is such a wonderful way to bond with them and to give comfort.
Post a Comment