Monday, March 17, 2008

Spoiled

Today I had a small mole removed at the dr's. office. I asked Dave if he might be able to watch the kids for me during the appointment a while back- he came back and told me that Col. Bisch gave him the whole day off to help me! Wow! What a fun surprise! Dave was thrilled to get the day off. The procedure took all of 1 minute and I realized that Ashlyn could have easily held Nate in the office - really it was no big deal. But it was such a fun day for us to have Dave home. I called home to let them know I was on my way and this is what I hear...Well, we just finished science and now we are on to physiology. Dave was doing school with the kids and they were all having a blast. They were doing science experiments while learning about acids and bases. They were learning about how ears work, the heart works, why our blood is red, the difference between veins and arteries, etc etc! Can I come to your school Dave? I know I would learn a ton.
I came home to find diagrams Dave drew of hydrogen ions and formulas, and then flashcards of the body (from dental school) out in the family room.

After I got home, Dave took the kids out so I could take a nap. I can't remember the last time I took an afternoon nap. Then later I was out on the couch. Sadie hopped up on the couch with me and asked if it would feel good to have a "backscratch on my bum". Yes, the bum is where my mole was removed. Then the girls wanted to bring me a snack on the couch. I wasn't hungry at all, but couldn't say no. They brought me a tray of cranberries, pretzels and marshmallows. I ate everything because they were being so sweet about it. Sadie asked if I wanted more...I tried to tell her I was full, but she was hoping so badly to serve me more, so I agreed to more. Now it's about dinner time and I'm not hungry at all!

Dave is getting dinner ready while I relax! It is a tiny bit sore, but definitely worth all of the good treatment I got today!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

You deserve it! How wonderful to have such a great family. Your pictures are DARLING that Nate looks VERY kissable. He will be in our prayers, I am sorry for this tough time.

Paula K said...

Melissa! Your family looks great, and so sweet. Glad you got a little pampering. And, just so Dave knows, some moms like me DO eat chocolate all day. :)