Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yes, we do take pictures that aren't just of baby NATE!

One Saturday I was out for a swim. I came home to this sight. Let me back up and tell you that Dave always teases me when I tell him what I do during the day. He says "Whatever, you just sleep and eat chocolate all day." First of all, it would be Doritos instead of chocolate. So they posed this picture of them pretending to sleep while indulging in the generous boxes of See's from Karla (thanks Karla!). After some tickles, they squealed and started telling me all the work they had really done while I was gone.


If you look really carefully, you can see snow. Yep, it snowed here in Georgia for about 5 minutes. We were so excited! I was backing out of the garage to go to a meeting when I saw something falling on the windshield. It certainly wasn't rain because there was no noise. It looked like crumbled up leaves. Then it hit me that it was snow! I ran in and got the family so we could take pictures and document the only time it snowed in Georgia in the 3 years we've been here.

Poor Nate looked a little worried about his situation. He puts up with a lot with those two girls. He also adores them. Sometimes I'll catch Nate admiring the girls and flashing them big smiles while they have no clue he's even looking at them.



Sadie LOVES to help anyone. Often times, she'll announce that she will make all the meals and do all of my cleaning. This particular day she announced that she would be making lunch. So here she is preparing Ashlyn's lunch fit with several side dishes and a drink. Sweet Sadie!




I love that my girls are so creative in their play...except when we are trying to sell our house. This is a mild example. They were playing with a bunch of seashells, and turned the kitchen into the ocean. They ran and got bathing suits (even though it was 40 degrees outside) and were swimming through the kitchen and checking for pirates. They make so many fun things, but usually they have taken parts from all throughout the house to make their creations. Like I said, usually I like it...just not when I'm trying to keep the house ready at a moment's notice for someone to look at it. Can't they just sit together and play a board game? Or draw with a piece of paper and pencil?




2 comments:

emily said...

I love it! Scott often teases me with a similar scenario...but I haven't seen it acted out yet!

Karla said...

You guys get some of the BEST shots! Nate's expression is such: They're not packing me up!

The candy pose is precious. I guess next year we can send a case of Doritos (cheese or ranch flavor?) Hope the house sells quickly so the girls can resume their "creative" play. Too cute! Thanks for sharing your fun family.